Advice, from me to you!

I was watching Mad Men today on Netflix; the episode where the British man, Lane Pryce asks Don Draper for advice to which Draper replied that he didn’t like to give advice about the predicament that Pryce was in. I on the other hand do not mind giving advice; especially when I feel I can potentially be helping someone.

I am not stereotypical AU student who has had an internship every semester since freshman year so I have a different perspective. I also hope that this advice will help someone out. In order to keep this short, sweet, and to the point, I will provide a list below with my advice relating to internships.

peanuts-blogging-advice-770x433

1. It is okay if you don’t have a lot of internships but, make sure your time is used wisely by volunteering, getting a job, or being active in on campus organizations
  2. If you don’t like the internship you have, make the most of it and try to work on gaining useful job skills
  3. Ask your boss to give you feedback on your work and performance so you can continue to improve
  4. When looking for internships try to find something you are passionate/ love to do
  5. Do what is best for you, if you need to work or focus on school and an internship would get in the way and take away your focus do not take the internship
  6. If you can get class credit for an internship…GO FOR IT!