Lauryn Kitchen All Stars Intern

Hi Everyone (whoever you are)!

My name is Lauryn and I am a senior at American University in the School of International Service . I am majoring in International Development with a focus on Development in Africa. Though I am very interested in different aspects of the development field I have many other interests including food and nutrition. I also learning about how food plays a role in poverty and hunger especially in the District.

Although these interests did not initially lead me to study in DC, I am glad to be here and hope to stay after I graduate. It was my interest in nutrition that led me to the internship I currently have. I have been cooking with my mom and grandma for as long as I can remember so when I came across an organization that taught cooking to youth in DC I jumped at the opportunity to join their team.

I work at Brainfood, a “non-profit youth development organization that uses food to help students build life skills and promote healthy living,” (brain-food.org). [GO CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE AND VOLUNTEER]. Sorry for my shameless plug but I basically have the best internship ever. I don’t want to take up your time so that is all for now.

I will be sure to include my day to day tasks in another post but I hope that you have enjoyed reading.

Happy Tuesday!