Repping AU!

asdfawer (2)AU doesn’t have a small price tag. Ranked as the second most expensive school in the country, it takes a pretty big chunk of change to attend our school. However, AU isn’t oblivious to this fact: over 80% of incoming freshman received financial aid and distributes almost $75 million to students. I’m a Frederick Douglass Scholarship recipient, and that money really helps me be able to attend AU.

So what does this have to do with my internship? Today on Good Day Philadelphia, we had a segment on universities and scholarships. A financial expert came in and talked about all the ways that parents can find “hidden money” for their students. On top of that, I was asked to come on the show and talk about my experience as a student! I wore my AU hoodie and spoke about the advisors we have who can help you navigate the financial aid maze. Probably not my best television debut (should have worn my contacts to get rid of glasses glare!), but it was a lot of fun and I’m glad I was able to represent our school. Everyone knows college is expensive, but there are ways to make it a little more bearable.