Intern Until You Can’t Intern Anymore!

Week 2 at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) was just as exciting as the first. I thought the pace I was moving my first week was at record speed… until I got to week 2! Ironically, no matter how much I have going on at my internship, I’m still fully enjoying myself there. That hasn’t always been the case for me.

I’ve had about 6 internships ┬ábefore my current one at VA. Honestly, I didn’t like them all. A couple I loved. A couple I liked. A couple made me realize what I did not want to do with my life, but that was the best part about the experience.It helped me to clarify what I want out of a career.

My advice to you is to grab as much internship experience as you can. Don’t just do two and quit. Even if you don’t like what you’re doing, put your all into it anyways! Pay your dues! These experiences are about more than just gaining recommendation letters. I have taken so much from each of my past internships and have met some really incredible people at each of them. Each helped me to determine what I love to do, got me to where I am now and will help me to achieve my ultimate career goal.