It’s Been Real…

The day has come, unfortunately today is my last day in the office. It’ s bittersweet because this semester is almost over and I will be abroad in one more month! However, I am going to miss having to wake up in the mornings and catching the N4 downtown to go to my internship and of course all my friends at AU. So, it’s going to be hard when it’s time to pack up and leave. I am currently in the office and I just realized that time has gone by so fast this semester- so shocked!

I think I have come a long way since I have started my internship. Prior to starting, I have always been aware and well informed politically on the Middle East. And now I can say the same about knowing a lot more about the region’s developing and booming economy. I find this an added advantage for me because I have always wanted that in an internship- leaving with so much more to take back and apply later on down the road. That is why I consider an internship somewhat like an actual course, but one that takes place in the “real world,” where all of the action is going on. The things I have learned can be directly applied to my academic studies in both the immediate and distant futures. I know that what I have accomplished at my internship will truly help me, especially since I am focusing on the Middle East for my specialization area. Now, I will proceed into the next stage of my life feeling well equipped and knowledgeable for what awaits me later on. So, I definitely have learned a lot from my experiences these past four months with my colleagues and other interns, whom have taught me so much. As a result, I have learned how to be a good co-worker, since I’ve formed close bonds and made life long friends during my time here. I also feel prepared in how to act and conduct myself in the work field. It’s been a really great semester having this internship and I wouldn’t of had it any other way.

So, I’m looking forward to going abroad next semester to London, it’s going to be way too much fun!!! And after coming back, for my senior year I will definitely have an internship again. Hopefully, I will get lucky and find another great opportunity and benefit from it just as much, if not more.