Hit the ground running

I landed the internship.. now what?

My first day at Legacy was a total blur. The HR department led the interns in a short orientation program, toured us around the building, and then we started our day as official interns. My supervisor and I talked about my goals for the semester and what I expected to get out of the internship. I thought this was a valuable step that all interns should take. It is not only about what the company expects of you, but what you want to happen throughout the course of the semester. In order to integrate quickly, I jumped right into doing real projects! I felt like I dove in and got lost in a sea of media clipping, photo collages, and press releases. Some people might have felt nervous, but I was filled with excitement. The day went by so quickly that I looked up and realized it was 4pm and I only had an hour left. It was such an incredible feeling to leave that day, after only having worked for 8 hours, and feeling like I had accomplished a lot.

I have now been with the company for a couple months and I leave almost every day feeling this way. I appreciate being with this company because I feel like I have the opportunity to grow and learn every time I walk into the office. I hope that you all will be able to find internships that make you feel this way too!