The VERY very beginning….

So I realized that I did not properly introduce myself in the first blog. My name is Cole Mellino. I’m a junior studying environmental studies. I’m from Cleveland, Ohio originally. I intern at the Center for American Progress (CAP), which is a think tank that engages in progressive public policy research and advocacy. CAP was created in 2003 as an outlet for progressive ideas, in contrast to the conservative culture that dominated our political institutions at the time ( Republican majority in the House and Senate and a Republican president). They cover issues from education and economics to national security and faith. I work on the Energy and Environment team at  CAP. I write about 2 articles a week, usually on topics that are not well covered by the mainstream media or the journalists at CAP, who must focus most of their energy on the issues being covered by the mainstream media. I’ll tell you more about the articles I’ve written so far in a later blog. I also do research for the bloggers and reporters at CAP. I work at my internship 3 days a week (Wed, Thurs, and Fri) for 15 hours. I work all day Wednesday and in the afternoon on Thursday and Friday. And that’s a little bit about me and my internship.