Introduction: Jordan Van Clief

Hi! I’m Jordan Van Clief. I’m a senior double majoring at American University and I’m currently the Marketing Intern at Riot Act Comedy Theater.

I found this internship on AU’s career web over the summer. Riot Act was being built this summer and opened up this August 11th. To me, the idea of starting an internship with a brand new company was exciting. I would get to see what it takes to launch a successful business in a recession.

This major also was a great combination of my majors. It was primarily a Public Communication internship, but the theater element was a big reason I applied, and probably a big reason for why I was hired.

As a new company, there are always a million things to do and not enough hours in the day to do it. As an intern my job ranges from stuffing envelopes to events to writing our monthly press release, but more on that later.

As for my future in PR, I have no idea. Perhaps as a senior I shouldn’t be admitting that, but I have six or so months to decide. I love my internship with Riot Act and the things I’m learning here will definitely be a marketable skill for the future.

Stay tuned to find out more, this is only the introduction.