Me, Myself and I: Everything from Interning to Melted Crayons

As you may have already noticed my name is Michelle, and I am a senior at American. I’m a double major in  public communications and political science; I know I’m so ambitious.

Interesting fact #1: I grew up in Dubai, U.A.E. and have lived in five countries including Dubai, Egypt, Singapore, the U.S of A. (in Louisiana and now D.C.) and the United Kingdom. Below is what everyone thinks of when they think of Dubai: The tallest building in the world,  the Burj Khalifa.

Burj Khalifa

Interesting fact #2: If you haven’t heard of Pintrust check it out! I am currently obsessed with this website. Basically, it a virtual bulletin board that lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. Here is an image I grabbed from Pintrust. I guess you could say art is one of my hobbies, so this image is appropriate!

Melted Crayons?

Interesting fact #3: I hope to eventually work for a public affairs firm after I graduate in the spring . I am not sure where I want to work, but I could see myself in London. Last Fall I studied aboard in London and below is a glimpse of my adventures.

Westminster Abbey

Now that you know all about me, let me tell you about my internship. This semester I am interning at the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) as the Public Relations and Communications Intern. NACA is a non-profit association of attorneys and consumer advocates committed to representing customers’ interests. While at NACA, I will be helping them reach out to consumers, like myself, and promote their mission by helping design their newsletter on a monthly basis and managing their social media platforms. Stay tuned to learn more about the trials and tribulations of my internship!

–Michelle