A Little Bit About Me

Following Michelle’s lead, I figured it would be best to introduce myself before I started posting entries about my internship.

My name is Amanda and I am a senior studying Public Communication and the Chinese language. I’ve lived in the U.S. (Delaware and Chicago) and Australia (Perth), but I will always consider Hong Kong home. I spent the last year studying abroad in Beijing and I’m currently trying to figure out how to get back to China after I graduate because I absolutely loved it. My hobbies include reading, baking, and traveling. (For a little more elaboration: my favorite authors are Sarah Dessen and Jasper Fforde. I make an awesome red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I’ve been to five out of the seven continents and have loved every second of my travels.)

Currently I am a media relations intern at Amnesty International. To quote the Amnesty International website, “Amnesty International is a global movement of people fighting injustice and promoting human rights.” While Amnesty International’s headquarters are in London, my work in the DC office is for Amnesty International USA. As a media relations intern, I do a lot of work to help generate publicity in the media for Amnesty International, among other media-related tasks. It’s definitely been a great learning experience so far, and I look forward to sharing my stories in the near future!