New Internship at Solidarity Center!

My journey to the Solidarity Center began last semester when I sat down with David Fletcher, a career adviser for SIS students, to discuss internship options.  I had an internship last summer while at home, but I also wanted to get some experience working in DC.  With his help, I began applying to positions over winter break.

Solidarity Center liked my application and needed a new intern.  I had a phone interview and then began working there only two weeks into the semester.   From now until the end of the semester, I’ll be working in their Asia/Europe Regional Office on Monday afternoons and all day Thursdays, primarily doing research and writing reports.  So far everything is going well.  I am still trying to adjust to a new office environment and follow along with a whole new set of acronyms.  My first full day is tomorrow- I’ll let you know how it goes!

Also, leave me lots of comments! I’ll try to keep my posts brief and interesting. Let me know if there is anything you are curious about and I will incorporate it into a post.